Welcome to Being in the Shadow – the site that focuses on what it is like to experience one of the most awesome and sublime nature events – the Total Eclipse of the Sun.
As an Author, Psychologist and Eclipse Chaser, I have been researching the human experience of the eclipse – answering questions such as:
- What is it like to experience a Total Solar Eclipse?
- How do people make sense of the Total Eclipse?
- How does seeing a Total Solar Eclipse change people’s lives?
- Why do people become eclipse chasers?
- What is it about the eclipse experience that is so powerful?
- How should communities prepare when they are in the path of a Total Solar Eclipse?
If you are looking for an in-depth understanding of the eclipse experience and want to understand why people chase eclipses, then you will find my first book Total Addiction: The Life of an Eclipse Chaser invaluable.
If you want to know more about what it is like for a community to experience being in the path of the shadow of the Moon, with lots of stories and stunning images, then my second book Totality 2012 is the one for you.
Get in touch if you have any questions about eclipses, or if you would like me to participate in an interview or to write about the human experience of totality. Click on the Facebook link to follow my FB page to keep updated with my goings-on.
Whatever you do, make sure you see a Total Solar Eclipse at least once in your life. And when you do, I guarantee that you will want to re-experience it again and again. Then you will have joined the coolest community of people in the world – the community of eclipse chasers.